St Edward's isn’t just an outstanding place to learn, it’s a great place to work too!
Biology Subject Leader
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Biology Teacher to join our school as our Biology Subject Leader. Could that be you?
This is a leadership position that requires a strong background in Biology, excellent organisation skills, and a commitment to fostering a positive and engaging learning environment.
About the Role and You
Contract type: Full-time, permanent
Start date: September 2024
Application closing date: 8th March
Interview date: 12th March
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Developing and leading the implementation of the Biology curriculum
- Providing leadership support to the Biology teaching team, fostering a collaborative and innovative teaching culture
- Monitoring and assessing the quality of teaching and learning within the Biology department, implementing improvements as needed
We are looking for someone who has:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- A bachelor’s degree in science or Biology
- The ability to teach GCSE and A Level
- Evidence of high pupil achievement from teaching
- Excellent interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why St Edward’s?
At St Edward’s School, we are dedicated to creating an environment where both students and staff flourish. In addition to being part of an exceptional team, here is what you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Health and wellness programme
- Life assurance
- Excellent mentorship
- Friendly and welcoming work environment
- Discounted fees for your children at any Alpha School
- Free parking
- Free lunch provided
To find out more about this role, please read our Job Description.
If you feel like this role aligns with your skill set and experience, we encourage you to apply!
How to Apply
Please also fill out the form below and a member of our Recruitment Team will be in contact with you shortly.
We look forward to welcoming you to St Edward’s School.
St Edward’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants for ALL jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to enhanced level, with costs covered by the company. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.