The Pre-Prep is a vibrant and caring environment, enriching children’s lives through a broad and well-balanced curriculum.
Our children are self-confident and respectful and have a great enthusiasm for learning. Small class sizes allow our educators to give the best learning experiences to every child.
The IPC (International Primary Curriculum) is studied from Reception and activities are organised to stimulate curiosity using investigation, discussion and practical experiences.
- Being Nurtured – Our nurturing and stimulating environment continues to build upon the strong foundations and key skills of the Early Years Foundation Stage. We have created a learning which is exciting and varied. We produce highly motivated learners with high levels of achievement through success. They receive praise to assist in their successful progression and to build self-confidence. Whole class, group teaching and individual attention promote happy, active learning.
- Being Responsible – The children will be encouraged to become more independent and responsible. The wide range of activities provided by fully qualified staff in a well-structured day enables each child to reach his or her own potential.
- Being Global – Through the IPC Curriculum we are able to link with schools all over the world through the use of video links and emails. The children also study a range of localities as part of their exciting topic work. Children from other cultures contribute to our knowledge and understanding.
- Being Self-assured – All children participate in concerts and performances throughout the year. In addition, a variety of clubs provide a wonderful opportunity for children to further explore many different areas of creativity, expressive arts and physical activities.
- Being Mindful – Pupils are given the opportunity for quiet reflection and a chance to share their thoughts and feelings with others during class sessions. Our chapel is always available for everyday use.
Educational trips, and visitors further enhance these topics and enrich our children’s learning. Learning is also enriched through our varied co-curricular programme.
Our Pre-Prep Department exudes warmth and friendliness. Our caring and professional educators quickly recognise your child’s strengths and support their learning, so that they become happy and well-rounded. We provide sound academic and creative foundations on which the children can build upon in the years to come.
Reception (4-5 Years)
Children begin their full time education from the beginning of Reception. We provide a safe and secure environment extending all areas of children’s development within the seven areas of learning. In our wonderful surroundings we promote exploration, self-discovery, and a curiosity towards learning. We begin to introduce a little more structure following a curriculum based on the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and International Primary Curriculum (IPC). Through the use of the IPC, we are able to offer exciting and imaginative topic work and the children feel included, secure and valued. Play and exploration still play a vital part in their learning.
Year 1 & Year 2 (5-7 Years)
In Years 1 and 2, our pupils are taught the core subjects of Literacy, Mathematics and Science and a broad range of foundation subjects. Alongside these, specialist lessons in French, Music, Computing, Swimming, Forest School and PE add an extra dimension.
Forest School & Outdoor Learning
All children in Pre-Prep take part in Forest School sessions and use the School Farm to complement learning in the classroom. Our educational programme also involves inspiring visits to nature reserves, the seashore, farms and other local places of interest.