Some pupils may require a Tier 4 Student Visa in order to be able to study in the UK. While it is the responsibility of parents to determine whether or not their child needs such a visa (and to apply for it), the School’s Admissions Manager will be happy to provide the required Certificate of Acceptance for Study (CAS) to enable parents to do this, once a place has been formally accepted. The CAS is issued, on request, in the Summer Term prior to entry and can be used by parents when making a visa application.

Further details regarding visas and entry into the UK may be obtained from
As immigration and visa rules can be quite complex, we do encourage parents to read this thoroughly if they suspect that a visa might be required.


The School’s Admissions Manager is responsible for all aspects of registration, entry, and CAS procedures. We are always happy to assist with any questions and can be contacted either by telephone: +44 (0)1242 388034
Or if you prefer, by email:

If you are interested in studying at St Edward’s School, please get in touch and you can start on the path to the next exciting phase of your education!


In common with pupils from the UK, international pupils whose parents are not residents in the UK are asked to have a legal guardian resident in the UK. We operate principally with one major educational agent, but some pupils prefer to work with another arrangement and have their own guardians. Guardians have an important role to play in the life of an international pupil and it is an important choice to make. A guardian acts ‘in loco parentis’ and as such, ensures that all of our overseas pupils are well looked after whilst they are in the UK. Guardians will need to assist with such things as providing accommodation and travel arrangements as well as, should the need arise, emergencies.

A good guardian goes beyond this however, providing a service to both the pupil and the School by taking a genuine interest in pupil welfare and liaising regularly with the School. This ensures that pupils get the most out of their education and their time in the UK. It also ensures that overseas parents can feel confident that their child is always safe and well cared for during their time in the UK. Guardians may be friends or family who are happy to do this.

Alternatively, they may be a third party approved by a recognised agency and DBS checked. In all cases, they must be over 25 years of age and resident in the UK.