Spectators returned for the 26th St Edward’s Prep Sports Day! Cool conditions and a red-hot Lewis dominated proceedings, as records tumbled on our 200m grass track.
An incredible 34 records were set (some of them in new events) as Lewis emerged triumphant with both the Sports Day and Relay Cups – topping all of the three scoring areas – track, field and relays.
All pupils displayed huge amounts of effort and House Spirit as the completed on behalf of their Houses. Particular congratulations go to the following pupils for breaking or setting new age group records for the future:
- Sienna J, Reid G, Emily B-W, Collin McC, Rebekah T, Raffi P, Teddy P, Cade G, Sofia A, Arthur C and Benjamin D in the 200m
- William R and Issy B in the 150m.
- Yasmin S, Saoirse H, Oliver P and Elsa E in the 50m
- Lucy S, Tiffany Z, Taylor P, Cade G and Margot P in the 75m
- Ellena L, Reid G and Cade G in the Vortex Howler
- Y4 Mixed Lewis, Y4 Girls A Lewis, Y4 Boys A Lewis, Y4 Boys B Dahl, Y5 Girls A Lewis, Y5 Boys A Dahl, Y5 Mixed Blyton, Y6 Girls B Lewis, Y6 Girls A Lewis and Y6 Boys A Dahl relay teams.
All children participated in the Long Jump beforehand, most in the Vortex Howler on the day, and those who didn’t took part in some extra field events to broaden their athletics experience!
Well done to everyone, staff and pupils, for their efforts on and off the track – a very successful day, in fact, possibly one of the best ever!
The final points were as follows:
Sports Day Cup (Overall including track, field and relay events):
- Lewis – 1232pts
- Blyton – 1112pts
- Dahl – 1109pts
- Lewis – 112pts
- Dahl – 104pts
- Blyton – 96 pts
Prep School | 01/07/2022