This week saw Senior School students enjoy the much loved tradition that is ‘House Day’. The annual fun day began with a whole-school assembly through Teams, where the order of the day was explained.
There was a huge amount of House Spirit on show, with students doing their best to help their respective Houses earn as many points as possible.
Each Academic Faculty provided engaging activities throughout the day:
- Science | The students were set a timed task – to create outfits from discarded materials and then presenting their work in a ‘Recycled fashion show’.
- Expressive Arts | Year 8 students took part in an Art themed quiz, whilst Year 7 were asked to perform in House groups, using ‘junk’ to make percussive sounds.
- Sport | An ‘It’s a knockout’ style competition using an inflatable obstacle course, giant table football and jousting.
- Maths | The Prisioner’s Dilemma maths challenge.
- English | ‘House’ You Like It – a Shakespearean performance challenge set in the school woodland.
- Outdoor Education | An orienteering challenge, set by SSgt Keylock.
- Religious Studies | An escape room activity, where students had to use their critical thinking and collaborative skills, coupled with patience, perseverance and resilience in order to decode the ciphers, morse code and cryptograms. Recreating scenes from Exodus using Playdough, including scenes such as The Birth of Moses, Moses and the Burning Bush, The Plague of Frogs, Passover, and Mount Sinai.
- Modern Foreign Languages | Each Year group took it in turns to be slit into House groups to play Petanque.
House Day Results
1st place | Newman
2nd place | Fisher
3rd place | More
Along with the House Points accumulated throughout the year, the totals from House Day, as well as Sports Day, were then all combined to decide the overall winners of the House Cup. This year, Fisher House took the Crown in the most closely fought competition in recent years with just half a House Point in it!
House Cup Results
1st place | Fisher (697 points)
2nd place | Newman (696.5 points)
3rd place | More (674.5 points)
Congratulations to everyone for the dedication and commitment shown to all House events throughout the course of this academic year.
Senior School | 29/06/2021