This term, we hosted our first ever virtual talent show. It was a fantastic opportunity for students to showcase their amazing talents and performing skills, whilst competing to earn points for their Houses. This online format also required entrants to use additional skills associated with staging and filming a performance effectively, skills that are increasingly important in our digital world.
All students were encouraged to take part, and we had a wide range of entries, from painting to free-style tennis. Our seven finalists were as follows:
- Act 1: Charlie M (Y9, Fisher House) – Voice and Guitar performance of ‘Perfect’ by Ed Sheeran
- Act 2: Kriti B (Y7 – More House) – Completing an art project
- Act 3: Ioana N (Y7 – Newman House) – Freestyle Tennis performance
- Act 4: Misha S (Y9 – Newman House) – Riding a unicycle
- Act 5: Issy P (Y8 – Fisher House) – Vocal performance of ‘Listen Before I Go’ by Billie Eilish
- Act 6: Leo P (Y7 – More House) – Bo Staff routine
- Act 7: Grace R (Y12- Fisher House) – A dance performance to “That Man” by Caro Emerald
Performances were compiled into a show-reel and circulated to all students and staff with an online voting link.
After counting the votes, we are pleased to announce that the winner of St Edward’s Got Talent 2020 is Leo P (Year 7) with his fantastic Bo Staff routine.
Leo is self-taught, practising this type of martial art weaponry in his back garden during lock-down. A peaceful practice, Bo Staff is used to defend yourself rather than attack. Click on the image below to watch Leo’s winning performance.
A huge ‘Well Done’ to all who took part and a massive congratulations to Leo.
Senior School | 08/07/2020