This week we welcomed our pupils back to Kindergarten. Our team were thrilled to have their classes back on the premises and it was wonderful to be able to learn together again!
In Little Acorns and Little Oaks there was plenty of play, chat and singing together, as the children got used to being back in the setting.
Nursery Maple and Willow
The week’s fairy-tale was the ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’
- Children were set a sensory play task to make buttercup tea. They spent time measuring the dry and wet ingredients, mixing them together and then practising pouring them into cups.
- To tie in with the story of the week, the children learnt about how beans germinate and grow putting pictures of the life cycle in the correct order.
- The children also spent time building a giant’s castle out of Lego. Stacking blocks vertically and horizontally, making enclosures and creating spaces, joining pieces together to build and balance their structure.
- Colouring was Jack and the Beanstalk themed, as was this week’s role play activity. The children crafted giant feet out of cardboard and the contents of their craft and recycling boxes. They then pretended to be the giant from the story, copying his voice and mannerisms.
Pre-School Hazel and Laurel
- Pre-School children got creative and made themselves a beanstalk counting came out of cardboard tubes and sticks.
- The baking challenge was to try and make golden eggs (from Jack and the Beanstalk).
- To keep their bodies active, there was Yoga and animal games.
- Art also tied into this week’s story and the children used dried beans to make pictures.