Prior to half-term we had a very productive week in Prep with lots of House Points being awarded for the fantastic work submitted by our pupils.
Some examples of the tasks the children worked on during the week are as follows:
- In Humanities, Year 3 learnt about the Roman invasion of Britain.
- The pupils have been learning about Greek Myths this term. Their task this week was to read ‘Theseus and the Minotaur’ and make a maze like the one in the story.
- Science focused on the life cycle of a flowering plant, with an extra task available to find out about seed dispersal.
- In Maths a group of the children enjoyed a live lesson on percentage problems.
- In English, Year 4 were asked to find a poem that they had not read before and write it out by hand to practise their handwriting.
- In Geography, the children continued their work on erosion and deposition, by looking at oxbow lakes.
- In RE pupils learnt about Buddhist beliefs, in particular, forgiveness.
- In English, Year 5 finished their persuasive writing unit by designing a brochure.
- In PE the children focused on jumping, trying standing long jumps and standing triple jumps at home.
- Year 6 have been learning about the Baroque period in their Music lessons this week, completing listening tasks and reading about musicians of the time.
- In Modern Foreign Languages, the children have been working on using adjectives to describe things.
- In Art, Year 6 have been drawing garden birds, carefully observing shape and using colour to add definition.