It has been another week of exciting activities for our Kindergarten pupils. We are very thankful to all our families for working with us as we endeavour to provide as much normality as possible for the children.
It has been an absolute joy to receive all the pictures and feedback as the children complete Distance Learning School (DLS) activities at home.
Example of tasks from the second week of DLS include:
Little Acorns and Oaks
- A gardening challenge to plant some carrot seeds and keep a record of their progress.
- They were also tasked with making some Easter themed crafts including an Easter chick using yellow paint and a fork, and printing with some homemade potato Easter Egg stamps.
- The children were also encouraged to spend time in their gardens looking for signs of Spring.
Nursery Maple and Willow
- Our Nursery classes were focussing on Spring and the idea of new life, including learning about the life-cycles of a duck and a frog.
- They were also set a task to create an Easter garden – a lovely way to help children understand the meaning of Easter.
- A sensory paint activity where families were encouraged to add textures and spices to paint in order to stimulate the senses when being creative!
Pre-School Hazel and Laurel
- Pre-School Laurel’s letters of the week were S,A,T,I,P and N. Mrs Willis challenged the children to find items around their houses that began with the letters.
- Miss Michelle set an activity to sew an Easter egg – a task to keep little hands busy which develops fine-motor skills and strengthens eye-hand co-ordination.
- Mrs Ide uploaded a demonstration of baking carrot cake muffins for the children to try with their families at home.
Some pictures we have received from home are below: