Mrs Holby’s Year 7 Maths group have been going round in circles this week as they took on a distance learning project based on ‘Spirals and Golden Ratio’.
- The purpose of the task was to encourage our young Mathematicians to:
- Appreciate and be inspired by the beauty of mathematics.
- Enjoy working on mathematical activities.
- Look for mathematics in the world in which they live.
- Discuss and apply different aspects of mathematics and develop the use of mathematical vocabulary in the context of spirals and golden ratio.
- Recognise the rich historical and cultural roots of mathematics.
- Make cross-curricular links into Art, Technology and Architecture.
You can view a display of some of the submissions that they students made below: