Distance Learning School (DLS) started in earnest for our Year 3 to Year 6 pupils this week, with all our pupils really embracing the activities set for them online by their teachers.
There has been a varied and interesting programme of learning provided across the year groups with a whole host of activities. Below is a small selection of some of the things the pupils have been doing:
- English work was based around a story called “The Wyrmstooth Crown”. The story features a lemon drizzle cake so Year 3 were challenged to make a cake of their own!
- For Science the children were asked to go outside and observe how shadows change during the course of day.
- For Geography they were tasked with creating their own weather report.
- For PE the children were set the challenge of building their own obstacle courses in their gardens and sending in a photo or video of themselves completing it.
- For Science the children made posters about mains and battery electricity and we had some super examples which included the use of IT to produce them.
- In English some of the children were asked to write a newspaper article about an ascent of Everest.
- For Science there was a task to compare two different mammals highlighting their similarities and differences.
- In IT the children worked to improve their coding skills.
- For English pupils were asked to do a research project based on Shakespeare.
- In Maths they explored the concept of Area.
- For Humanities pupils were tasked with creating a presentation about earthquakes
We’ve loved seeing pictures of our pupils working at home – here are a selection of some of the things they have been getting up to.